Pages

Monday 31 July 2017

War horse

For the Novel Study Room 4 is doing, we had to do a 100 word challenge about the first 3 chapters in a characters perspective. I chose Joey the horse that the book's about.

The year is 1914.  Today I left my mother and reluctantly went with a strange man.  He pulled me and put me into a farm cart. The weathers pleasant and sometimes frosty. My home is a large farm in the country. I live with  Albert, his parents and Zoey another  horse. My name is Joey.  My life at the farm has been hard work called ploughing but I’m fine as long as Zoey is beside me.  One day Albert's  Dad came running screaming “It’s the war”.  One day Albert’s Dad came, took me away, and sold me to the cavalry.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Danni
    It sounds great you need to work on making it flow better because you go from putting in a trailer to describing the seen.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.